MLK Labor is a democratic, worker-run organization.
The MLK Labor Executive Board consists of members representing a variety of industries and constituency groups. The Executive Board, Executive Secretary-Treasurer, President, and Vice President are elected to three-year terms by the delegate body.
MLK Labor Leadership
Nicole Grant, IBEW 46
nicole (at) mlklabor.org
(She/Her) Nicole Grant was elected to serve as Executive Secretary-Treasurer of MLK Labor in October 2015, the first woman to lead the King County labor council in its 130-year history. Her mission is to build power for all workers and grow the labor movement.
Nicole is a journeyman electrician with IBEW 46 where she also served as the Executive Director of the Certified Electrical Workers of Washington. She holds an electrical engineering degree from George Brown College in Toronto and a bachelor’s degree at the University of Washington in Politics, Economy, and Law.
She has worked to make sure working families have captured in the historic growth of the Puget Sound economy. She believes that unions are for everyone and has invested in organizing to grow our local labor movement. As our workforce diversifies, she has steered the labor movement toward a vision of racial, gender, and LGBTQ equity. She has also embraced Seattle’s hub as a pillar for LGBTQ rights and climate justice by partnering with organizations at the forefront of these movements.
Grant was re-elected Secretary-Treasurer in November 2018.
Dustin Lambro (He/Him), Teamsters Local 117
Stefan Moritz (He/Him), UNITE HERE Local 8
MLK Labor Staff
- Deputy Executive Secretary: Katie Garrow (She/Her) – Katie (at) MLKLabor.org
- Organizing Director: Peter Hasegawa (He/Him) – Peter (at) MLKLabor.org
- Operations Director: Annie Wise (She/Her) – Annie (at) MLKLabor.org
- Communications Director: Charlie Lapham (He/Him) – Charles (at) MLKLabor.org
- Presidents Organizing Initiative Coordinator: Rigoberto Valdez, Jr. (He/Him) – Rigo (at) MLKLabor.org
- Digital Organizer: Diana Pérez (She/Her) – Diana (at) MLKLabor.org
MLK Labor Executive Board
The Executive Board meets the third Wednesday of every month at 2 PM.
Elected Trustees (Members-At-Large)
- Marsha Botzer (She/Her), Plumbers, Pipe Fitters, Refrigeration & HVAC 32
- Karen Hart (She/Her), SEIU 925
- Chris Lampkin, (He/Him), SEIU Healthcare 1199NW
- Abe Taylor, (He/Him), Teamsters 174
Board Members Representing Trade Sections
- Aircraft Trades: Joel Funfar (He/Him), SPEEA/IFPTE 2001
- Automotive Trades: Leonard Smith, (He/Him), Teamsters 117
- Building Trades: Monty Anderson, (He/Him), Seattle/King County Building Trades
- Entertainment Trades: Nate Omdal, (He/Him), Musicians 76-493
- Food and Allied Trades: Eunice How, UNITE HERE Local 8
- Health Care: Robin Wyss (She/Her), SEIU Healthcare 1199NW
- Higher Education: David Parsons (He/Him), UAW 4121
- Industrial Trades: Jon Holden (He/Him), Machinists 751
- K-12: Jennifer Matter (She/Her), Seattle Education Association
- Metal Trades: Todd Mitchell (He/Him), Heat and Frost Insulators 7
- Private Sector: Zenia Javalera (She/Her), SEIU 6
- Public Safety: Kenny Stuart (He/Him), IAFF 27
- Public Sector: Mary Keefe (She/Her), Teamsters 763
- Retail: Joe Mizrahi (He/Him), UFCW 21
- Transportation Trades: Kenneth Price (He/Him), ATU 587
Board Members Representing Constituency Groups
- A. Philip Randolph Institute: Paul Thompson (He/Him), Laborers 242
- Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance: Ligaya Domingo (She/Her), SEIU Healthcare 1199NW
- Coalition of Black Trade Unionists: Claude Burfect (He/Him), WFSE 341
- Pride At Work: Mike Andrew (He/Him), UAW 1981
- Washington Alliance for Retired Americans: Don Bennett (He/Him), Lettercarriers 79