Want to support unionized workers?
Here’s a list to help get you started.
- Labor 411: An online directory that makes it easy to buy union
- Grays Harbor Stamp Works: 100-year-old union company specializing in union-made promotional products
- Residential Electrical Services is a free service connecting licensed union electrical and plumbing contractors in King and Snohomish with customers who need their services.
- 100% Union Hawaiian Coffee: Support the Foundation for Working Families (formed to help union members in need of help for hardship or disaster relief) by purchasing coffee that is union made from tree to pot by ILWU Local 142 workers.
- How to Buy American: A great alphabetical index of union-made products.
- Union Label and Service Trades Department: Includes the AFL-CIO “Do Buy” and “Boycott” lists.
- Graphic Communications Union Website: Search by zip code for a union print shop near you!
- Unitehere.org: Looking for a union hotel? How about union-made clothes or hats? Visit the Union of Needletrades, Industrial and Textile Employees (UNITE) & Hotel and Restaurant Employees (HERE) site.
- UAW: United Automobile, Aerospace & Agricultural Implement Workers of America International Union guide to products made by UAW members.
- TransFair will help you find coffee or tea that has been monitored and certified to ensure the farmers earned a fair price.
- Unions-America.com provides a full range of internet service, web hosting and more, all powered by members of GCIU.
- EthixMerch is a source for custom-printed union-made merchandise, made with respect for people and the planet.
- Powell’s: The legendary Oregon-based independent bookstore with the all-union work force (ILWU).
- Union Plus is the union source for many services, including auto needs, insurance, legal services, real estate, health products, and much more. Check out the site for a complete list of the benefit programs to which your particular union subscribes.
- Union Vacations will hook you up with fabulous vacation plans and packages and steer you to union-staffed hotels — all at very competitive prices. All employees are represented by Teamsters Local 150.
- Union Jean Company: Their goal is to provide customers with higher quality, American-made garments. If every American cared enough to buy just one garment made in the USA per year, the impact would be nearly $9 billion!
- Allusaclothing.org: American-made clothing, embroidery and promotional items from members of UAW Local 174.
- Union Home Services: A real estate organization based in Washington State that provides benefits to union members, their children and parents nationwide. By using their services, anyone buying or selling a home can receive a 20% rebate of the realtor’s portion of the commission.